Employment Based Immigration

  • ImmigrationWe handle a variety of employment visas such as H-1B Work Visa for specialty occupation workers, TN North American NAFTA Trade Visa for Canadians and Mexicans, L-1 Visa for Intra-company transferee, O-1 Visa for individuals with extraordinary ability, E-3 Visa for specialty occupation workers from Australia, EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 visas for individuals and professionals with extraordinary ability, and more.  We assist employers and employees for non-immigration and immigrant petitions to sponsor individuals and their families for Permanent Residence status and obtain Green Cards, as well as help process their US Citizenship and Naturalization petitions.  We secure visas for essential employees and ensure regulatory compliance for corporate employers.

    How we can help you:

    At the Law Office of Moona Shakil, an experienced senior attorney would help preparing your case.  Our immigration attorney would consult with both the employers as well as the employees to discuss their options and responsibilities.  Our mission is to provide prompt, high quality legal services to benefit the lives of our clients. We handle almost all types of immigration visas, and our attorneys understand that communication is a key to success. You need confidence that your lawyer understands your problem and is working with you to achieve results. Call us to find out how we provide superior service to our clients.

    Email or call us for a consultation 703.920.9500
  • H-1B Visa: Specialty Occupation Workers

    Arlington, VA Immigration Lawyer filing your H-1B Visa: The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows business professionals to work in the United Stated for a specific period of time.  The purpose of the H-1B visa is to give U.S. employers the opportunity to hire foreign nationals for employment if a U.S. citizen or resident is not available.  A person may hold an H1B visa for a maximum of six years, and in certain circumstances may get further extensions. Requirements: The employee must have completed a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupat...

    learn more
  • TN Visa: The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) trade visa for Canadians and Mexicans

    The Trade NAFTA (TN) visa category was developed as part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to facilitate the entry of Mexicans and Canadian citizens to the United States for employment on a temporary basis.  Under this agreement, Canadian and Mexican citizens can be admitted to the United States in TN status in increments of up to 3 years.  Extensions of stay may also be granted in increments of up to 3 years. Requirements: The applicant must be a citizen of Canada or Mexico. The applicant’s profession must be listed on the NAFTA list. The applicant is to work i...

    learn more
  • L-1 Visa: Intra-company Transferee

    The L-1 nonimmigrant visa enables a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. Requirements: The employer must have a qualifying relationship with a foreign company such as a parent company, branch, subsidiary, or affiliate, and currently be doing business as an employer in the United States and in at least one other country directly or through a qualifying organization. How we can help you: At the Law Office of Moona Shakil, an experienced senior attorney would help preparing the L-1 vis...

    learn more
  • O-1 Visa: Extraordinary ability is Sciences, Arts, Education, Business, or Athletics:

    The O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the individuals who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements. The O nonimmigrant classification is commonly referred to as: O-1A: individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics (not including the arts, motion pictures or television industry). O-1B: individuals with an extraordin...

    learn more
  • E-3 Visa: Specialty Occupation Professionals Workers from Australia

    The E-3 visa classification applies only to nationals of Australia.  An Australian national must be coming to the United States solely to perform services in a specialty occupation.  The specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of knowledge in professional fields and at least the attainment of a bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States. Initial period of stay is 2 years, and up to 2 years per extension are generally granted. Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age are enti...

    learn more
  • EB-1 Visa: First Preference

    You may be eligible for an employment-based, first-preference visa if you have an extraordinary ability, as an: Extraordinary Ability Outstanding Professors and Researchers Multinational Manager or Executive Requirements: Each occupational category has certain requirements that must be met: Extraordinary Ability You must be able to demonstrate extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim. Your achievements must be recognized in your field through extensive documentation. No offer of employ...

    learn more
  • EB-2 Visa: Second Preference

    You may be eligible for an employment-based, second preference visa if you are a member of the professions holding an advanced degree or its equivalent, or a foreign national who has exceptional ability. Below are the occupational categories and requirements: Advanced Degree Exceptional Ability National Interest Waiver Requirements: Advanced Degree The job you apply for must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field). Exceptional Ability You must be able to...

    learn more
  • EB-3 Visa: Third Preference

    You may be eligible for this immigrant visa preference category if you are a: Skilled worker Professional Other worker. Requirements: Skilled worker: You must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training. You must be performing work for which qualified workers are not available in the United States. Professional: You must be able to demonstrate that you possess a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign degree equivalent, and that a baccalaureate degree is the normal requirement for entry into the occupation. You must be performing work f...

    learn more
  • PERM: Labor Certification:

    A permanent labor certification issued by the Department of Labor (DOL) allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the United States. In most instances, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the employer must obtain a certified labor certification application from the DOL's Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The DOL must certify to the USCIS that there are not sufficient U.S. workers able, willing, qualified and available to accept the job opportu...

    learn more
  • I-140: Petition for Alien Worker:

    An I-140 petition, or Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, is filed to petition an alien worker to become a permanent resident in the United States.  The employer must file an I-140 Petition on your behalf within 180 days from the date your Labor Certification is approved by the U. S. Department of Labor. An I-140 Petition may be filed without a Labor Certification where the beneficiary qualifies under EB-1 classification. Requirements: Completed Form I-140; A copy of your approved Labor Certification; Filing fee of $580 (may have changed – please check) by check or money order m...

    learn more
  • I-485: Permanent Residence:

    The Form I-485 is the primary application form used by immigrants adjusting status (applying for lawful permanent residence, or a green card) in the United States.  It collects basic information about the applicant's identity and checks for grounds of inadmissibility. Requirements: You may file the Form I-485 based on an immigrant petition; If you are the spouse or child of someone who is applying to become a permanent resident and that immigrant category allows derivative status for spouses and children; You entered the U.S. on a K-1 visa and have married that U.S. citizen, or you...

    learn more