H-1B Visa: Specialty Occupation Workers

  • Arlington, VA Immigration Lawyer filing your H-1B Visa:

    The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows business professionals to work in the United Stated for a specific period of time.  The purpose of the H-1B visa is to give U.S. employers the opportunity to hire foreign nationals for employment if a U.S. citizen or resident is not available.  A person may hold an H1B visa for a maximum of six years, and in certain circumstances may get further extensions.


    • The employee must have completed a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university, or hold a foreign degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation.
    • The job must require a bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent.
    • The employer for an H-1B petition must obtain a Labor Condition Application (LCA) for the U.S. Department of Labor before filing for an H-1B visa.

    How we can help you:

    At the Law Office of Moona Shakil, an experienced senior attorney helps in preparing the H-1B visa petition.  The immigration attorney consults with both the employer as well as the employee to discuss their options and responsibilities.  Our mission is to provide prompt, high quality legal services to benefit the lives of our clients. We handle almost all types of immigration visas, and our attorneys understand that communication is a key to success. You need confidence that your lawyer understands your problem and is working with you to achieve results. Call us to find out how we provide superior service to our clients.


    Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The use of the information on this website creates no attorney client relationship between the user and the Law Office of Moona Shakil, PLLC or its attorneys. There is no substitute for a face to face consultation with a lawyer. If you have legal questions, you must contact an experienced attorney immediately.

    Email or call us for a consultation 703.920.9500