I-485: Permanent Residence:

  • The Form I-485 is the primary application form used by immigrants adjusting status (applying for lawful permanent residence, or a green card) in the United States.  It collects basic information about the applicant’s identity and checks for grounds of inadmissibility.


    • You may file the Form I-485 based on an immigrant petition;
    • If you are the spouse or child of someone who is applying to become a permanent resident and that immigrant category allows derivative status for spouses and children;
    • You entered the U.S. on a K-1 visa and have married that U.S. citizen, or you are the K-2 child of the fiancé(e);
    • Based on asylum status;
    • Based on refugee status;
    • Based on Cuban citizenship or nationality;
    • Applying to change the date on which your permanent residence began;
    • Based on continuous residence since before January 1, 1972 (called a “registry applicant”)

    How we can help you:

    At the Law Office of Moona Shakil, an experienced senior attorney would help preparing the I-148 Permanent Residence application.  Our immigration attorney would consult with both the employers as well as the employees to discuss their options and responsibilities.  Our mission is to provide prompt, high quality legal services to benefit the lives of our clients. We handle almost all types of immigration visas, and our attorneys understand that communication is a key to success. You need confidence that your lawyer understands your problem and is working with you to achieve results. Call us to find out how we provide superior service to our clients.


    Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The use of the information on this website creates no attorney client relationship between the user and the Law Office of Moona Shakil, PLLC or its attorneys. There is no substitute for a face to face consultation with a lawyer. If you have legal questions, you must contact an experienced attorney immediately.

    Email or call us for a consultation 703.920.9500