Travel Documents / Advance Parole:

  • Advance Parole travel authorization is available to foreign nationals who are present in the U.S. and who have filed I-485 Applications to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident. This authorization enables a foreign national to return to the U.S. from abroad; (i) without the need to possess a valid Nonimmigrant Visa; and (ii) without abandoning a recently filed or pending Adjustment of Status Application. Advance Parole is issued for a one year period and may be renewed in one-year increments upon written application filed with the Citizenship and Immigration Service (CIS). An Adjustment of Status Application is not suspended while a foreign national travels abroad, nor does the CIS adjudication of an adjustment case stop. In short, an Adjustment Application is not affected by one’s use of an Advance Parole document.


    Form I-131 is required to apply for advance parole travel document, to include parole into the U.S. for humanitarian reasons.

    How we can help you:

    At the Law Office of Moona Shakil, an experienced senior attorney would help preparing your Travel Document / Advance Parole Application.  Our immigration attorney would consult with you to discuss your options.  Our mission is to provide prompt, high quality legal services to benefit the lives of our clients. We handle almost all types of immigration visas, and our attorneys understand that communication is a key to success. You need confidence that your lawyer understands your problem and is working with you to achieve results. Call us to find out how we provide superior service to our clients.


    Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon as legal advice. The use of the information on this website creates no attorney client relationship between the user and the Law Office of Moona Shakil, PLLC or its attorneys. There is no substitute for a face to face consultation with a lawyer. If you have legal questions, you must contact an experienced attorney immediately.

    Email or call us for a consultation 703.920.9500